Okay folks, we’ve extended our application deadline for Eco-Stewards Richmond until May 1. So please keep spreading the word about this wonderful opportunity for young adults, ages 20-30, who have an interest in connecting faith and the environment. Some funding is available for those who need assistance.
Participants will benefit from this program in the following ways:
1) Spending time with other like minded folks in their 20s who are passionate about the environment and faith.
2) Being mentored by older adults who have professional experience and passions at this same intersection.
3) Learning from locals through place-based experiential education about the themes of watershed stewardship/ discipleship, climate justice and eco-theology.
4) Spending time reflecting on one’s own personal vocational discernment.
5) Crafting one’s own “Eco-Faith Journey” as both a spiritual exercise and a future professional organizing/ communication tool.
6) Engaging in creative spiritual experiences rooted in Celtic Christianity and contemporary culture.
7) Cultivating hope, recreating in nature, and practicing joy!
Click here for more info about Eco-Stewards Richmond, Water is Life: Journeying toward Justice on the James River, June 5-10, 2017.